Cherokee County, GA
Cherokee County is a county located in the US state of Georgia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 214,346.The county seat is Canton. The county Board of Commissioners is the governing body, with members elected to office
Cherokee County is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Cherokee County School District (44 Schools)
- Cherokee Charter Academy (CSUSA)
Private schools in Cherokee County include:
- Lyndon Academy (Woodstock)
- Cherokee Christian Schools (Woodstock)
- Cherokee Christian Academy (Woodstock)
- Community Christian School (Canton)
- Crossroads Christian School (Canton)
- Omega Learning Academy (Woodstock)
- King's Academy (Woodstock)
The Cherokee County Airport (FAA LOC ID: CNI) is located adjacent to I-575 about six miles (10 km) northeast of downtown Canton, GA.
A redevelopment project recently completed a 10,000-square-foot (930 m2) terminal, the lengthening of the runway from 3,414 feet (1,041 m) to 5,000 feet (1,500 m), a new parallel taxiway, instrument landing equipment, and new hangars. The new facilities will accommodate 200 hangared corporate aircraft and provide 100 tie-downs for smaller aircraft.
The Cherokee Area Transit Service (CATS) serves all of the Cherokee County area rural and suburban.
Search Cherokee County, GA Homes for Sale
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
© 2019 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.
Today's Market Trends for Cherokee County, GA *
* All data pertains to single-family homes