Gwinnett County, GA
Gwinnett County is a county in the north central portion of the U.S. state of Georgia. As of 2016, the population is estimated to be 907,135, making it the second-most populous county in Georgia. Its county seat is Lawrenceville. The county is named for Button Gwinnett, one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Gwinnett County is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- AGCO is headquartered in Duluth.
- American Megatrends is headquartered in Building 200, at 5555 Oakbrook Parkway, in unincorporated Gwinnett County, near Norcross.
- NCR Corporation has its headquarters in unincorporated Gwinnett County, near Duluth.
- Primerica is headquartered in unincorporated Gwinnett County, near Duluth.
- Waffle House is headquartered in unincorporated Gwinnett County, near Norcross.
- Yerkes National Primate Research Center, the CDC's primate research center located on the campus of Emory University near Atlanta, maintains its high security Yerkes Field Station, which houses most of its primates, near Lawrenceville.
- Canon has its southeast region headquarters in Norcross.
- Datapath, a firm specializing in satellite communications and wireless communications systems, is headquartered in unincorporated Gwinnett, near Duluth.
Gwinnett County Public Schools operates the public schools for residents in Gwinnett County, with the exception of residents inside the Buford city limits, which are served by the Buford City School District. There are 143 schools in the district—21 high schools, 29 middle schools, 80 elementary schools and 13 specialty schools, making it the largest school district in Georgia.
- Greater Atlanta Christian School, the second-largest independent school in Georgia, is located in Norcross.
- Providence Christian Academy is located in Lilburn
- Seigakuin Atlanta International School, a private Japanese education system elementary and middle school, is located in Peachtree Corners. The school moved from property at Oglethorpe University to its current address, former property of the Romanian First Baptist Church, in 2003.
- Wesleyan School is located in Peachtree Corners.
- Georgia Gwinnett College is located in Lawrenceville, in Gwinnett County.
- Gwinnett Technical College is also located in Lawrenceville.
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine is located in Suwanee.
Search Gwinnett County, GA Homes for Sale
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
© 2019 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.
Today's Market Trends for Gwinnett County, GA *
* All data pertains to single-family homes