Cherokee County, GA
Cherokee County is a county located in the US state of Georgia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 214,346.The county seat is Canton. The county Board of Commissioners is the governing body, with members elected to office
Cherokee County is included in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Cherokee County School District (44 Schools)
- Cherokee Charter Academy (CSUSA)
Private schools in Cherokee County include:
- Lyndon Academy (Woodstock)
- Cherokee Christian Schools (Woodstock)
- Cherokee Christian Academy (Woodstock)
- Community Christian School (Canton)
- Crossroads Christian School (Canton)
- Omega Learning Academy (Woodstock)
- King's Academy (Woodstock)
The Cherokee County Airport (FAA LOC ID: CNI) is located adjacent to I-575 about six miles (10 km) northeast of downtown Canton, GA.
A redevelopment project recently completed a 10,000-square-foot (930 m2) terminal, the lengthening of the runway from 3,414 feet (1,041 m) to 5,000 feet (1,500 m), a new parallel taxiway, instrument landing equipment, and new hangars. The new facilities will accommodate 200 hangared corporate aircraft and provide 100 tie-downs for smaller aircraft.
The Cherokee Area Transit Service (CATS) serves all of the Cherokee County area rural and suburban.
Cherokee County, GA Properties
Last updated on Feb 25, 2020 3:52:am.